Monday, March 5, 2007

My personal LOGO


I created my logo as a combination of the Initial of my name and my main interest. When I'm confused about how I should make my logo, my friends recommend me to think about my hobbies and I decided that it was BOOKS (In highschool, I was called bookworm anyway ^^)

After decided that it was Books, I surfed web to look at book icons (what kind of image that books are usually illustrated). By accident, I wrote the word "book" in capital and I realized that, the letter B look horizontally would include letter "m". My name is Khanh Mai and I was thinking about how to combine KM with book. With that notice, I combine the letters "K & m" to make a symbol that contain the 1st and final letter of BOOK.

About the color, I choose Black and White as it is the color of most printed books. Besides, I don't want to make color an important part of the logo since this logo may be printed in Black and white on paper. Black and white is also my favorite colors. I love manga, Japanese comics that are usually drawn in Black and white, therefore I always think B&W images are really great.

2 comments:

Khang said...

Really self-explanatory, sleek and cool in design. I was surprised to find out you could think of the first and last letters of the word "Book"! That's so nice =)

Did you leave it as black and white for some reasons? or you decided not to pay too much attention on colors? I myself couldn't decide which colors to use, so I came up with my favorite theme: dark... :P Wonder if it's ok though ...

zanachan said...

The idea about the letter m and b is very cute! Using your hobby to tell about you is also an interesting kind of introduction. However, the image of the book seems seperated from the two letters m,k- they look like 2 seperate images. I think it would be better if you can find a way to combine the two, e.g. change the letter K into the image of a book. Then the logo'd be very cool.Btw, how did you make the stroke?