Monday, May 21, 2007

draw - whale and the moon

Whale and the moon
Source: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/30069694/

What makes me love this picture was its color. There is mostly blue, many shades of blue, but all the light and details are very clear. I love monotone color and admire people who can mix one color so brilliantly to create picture proper details.
The feeling is pretty sad to me, yet very romantic. There was no story or explanation for the picture, the author leave the work to the viewer's imaginary. People think the whale was obsessed with the moon and in its birthday, it was granted a wish to travel on land and look at the moon clearly. The whale is really cute and it somehow looks curious. Very fairy-tail like picture.
This image actually inspire me a lot in creating background for my flash, which has all backgrounds in shades of blue.

No comments: