Thursday, March 15, 2007

Dance with me

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is my new drawing, using pen tool and outer glow effect of photoshop. What do you see in this image? A flower or a butterfly ? Actually, it is both. I'm trying to practice drawing something abstract (just a bit ^^)

I got the inspiration for this image from the tutorial of creating magical light for Dark art (which I used to create the roots). Because I love to see those glowing light so much, I got carried away and wanted to draw something else with the effect. Those light I drew accidentally looked like roots to me, so I thought about a flower to go with it. When I have flower, it looked like it was dancing so I thought I would give it a partner and added some details to make it a butterfly too. (Buterfly and flower is like a couple to me ^^)

The name came in the end, just describing what I see in the image I create randomly. I love this image because it is created with such a simple technique and still look lovely ( or at least I think so ^^)

5 comments:

malobolobala said...

You know, Mai,10 out of 10 for idea and technique:* I can't say anything about this artwork 'cause no word is enough to express my feeling. I love dancing. I love light from fire flies. And I see them all in your artwork where emotion really sublimates...

Khanh Mai said...

Thanks for your comment and I'm glad you like it.

Khang said...

Amazing... well I saw you drawing it in the Apple room but havent got the time to make some comments until now :D srry for being late ^_^

"Another high contrast graphic with the nicest curves and glows showing an elegant pattern as well as stylish background and a mysterious look on overall. Your photoshop skilks are getting more and more professional! =)"

You probably meant the object dancing, I see a flower and a butterfly... which one is right? ^_^

Khanh Mai said...

well, they're both (flower and butterfly, and I've them a couple in this dancing). Ack, you kept making me embarrassed, really, I'm not any photoshop professional at all and this is a really simple drawing XD
Thanks for your comment and don't worry, you are not late (or maybe even early in commenting this ^^)

Huynh Ba Minh Duc said...

Gorgeous... I can't say much. So beautiful...