Monday, April 2, 2007

Photo - Fun reflection


I find this image is really funny and attractive. We already knew about reflection in class and I have enjoyed many photo from my friend's blogs too. However, this image impressed me more than any reflection photo I have seen because the reflections complete the images.

With the reflection, I can see the jaw wide open and ready to swallow the fish. I have tried cover half of the image and I can clearly feel the difference. Without reflection, I kind of feel like it isn't an open jaw anymore. This reflection works even better with the fish. When I looked at the photo a little further away, I can see all the fishes make a another larger fish, very stunning.




We can easily see the reflection here is manipulated but that's why it is eye-catching. The concept of this image is "Now. A moment or period in time perceptible as intermediate between past and future" (from Ahermin)

To me, people always longing to past or future and sometimes forget the present they are in. This image remind me of this thought. The man running forward, like people think about future and in the reflection, it's like people wanting to turn back to the past. The past and the reflection, very nice combination. It presents the idea so straight forward and impressive.

The way he reverse the reflection but still put the man standing the same place creates a fixed point, the joint between the 2 worlds, just like Now is between past and future. I really love this image for its meaning and composition.

1 comment:

Khang said...

wow... that's really impressive, Mai =)

Sometimes the image is completed by its own components, not by anything that's already been there and just waited to be a part of the image itself :D, which makes everything so interesting!